Mesaieed Port provides expert stevedoring services. Milaha Port Services concluded a long-term contract with Qatar Petroleum to operate the commercial Berths 9 and 10 in 2008. Operations handle all types of cargo, including:
- Providing highly skilled and experienced stevedoring services to Qatar Aluminum (Qatalum), Qatar Chemical Company (Q-Chem), Qatar Petrochemical Company (Qapco) and Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) at Berth 8.
- Handling alumina and Petcoke bulk shipments for Qatalum.
- Container handling at the Q-Chem and Qapco berths.
- Unloading industrial salt at QVC.
- Port Operations: 24 Hours/Day- 7 Days/Week (excluding official holidays). There is no work stoppage at Mesaieed with the exception of a 3-hour Friday prayer interval. Operations are based upon two 12 hour shifts, beginning at 0600, and 1800, respectively.